marți, 21 decembrie 2010

Mi-au placut intotdeauna povestile, pentru atmosfera de mister in care ma scufundam ascultandu-le si mai tarziu citindu-le. In copilarie imi placea in mod deosebit sa privesc bradul de Craciun. Il priveam si-mi imaginam tot felul de povesti care s-ar putea scrie... Ma fascina in mod deosebit ideea de a ma face mica-mica, cam cat un pitic si de a ma ascunde intre ramurile groase ale bradului. Ma intrebam cum oare s-ar vedea lumea reala privind printre decoratiile de Craciun spre camera... si-mi placea sa cred ca sunt acolo, langa trunchiul bradului, la baza unei ramuri si ca vad tot ce se intampla in camera fara sa ma vada nimeni... Si azi sunt curioasa: oare cum s-ar vedea camera privita dintre decoratiile din brad?

I always liked stories, for the mistery with which they surrounded me while listening and later while reading them. When I was a child, I adored watching the Christmas tree. I was watching it and I was imagining all kinds of stories that could be written... I was especially fascinated by the idea of turning myself into a small-small dwarf and hide between the thick branches of the Christmas tree. I was wondering about the way the real world would be seen from there, watched from behind the Christmas decorations... and I loved to imagine that I was there, close to the tree's heart, at the base of a thick branch and that I was seeing what happened in the room without being seen... Today I am still curious: how would the room look like if it would be seen from behind the Christmas decorations?

Un vis visat suficient timp poate ajunge sa devina realitate. N-am reusit "sa ma fac mica-mica" si sa ma ascund in brad, dar am ajuns sa ma simt mica-mica, precum un pitic mic din pomul de Craciun cand, acum cateva zile, mi-a intrat in casa o cutie mare-mare, plina ochi cu tot ce-si poate dori cineva care este pasionat de patchwork si quilting! Cata frumusete am gasit in ea! Si mai ales cata daruire si cat suflet au pus cei opt spiridusi care au umplut cutia! Simone, Joke, Silvia, Jillina, Els, Wil, Elly si Jolanda, va multumesc din suflet, m-ati facut fericita! Reinier, multumesc pentru efort si pentru cuvintele frumoase!

An old dream may come true if dreamt long enough. I haven't been able to make myself tiny-tiny and hide in the Christmas tree, but I did felt like being tiny-tiny, like a small dwarf from the Christmas tree a few days ago, when a big-big box, filled with everything that someone passionate about patchwork and quilting can wish for herself! So much beauty I found in it! And most of all, so much generosity and so much soul the eight elfs put in the box! Simone, Joke, Silvia, Jillina, Els, Wil, Elly and Jolanda, thank you all so much, you made me so happy! Reinier, thank you for the effort and for the beautiful words!

Iata cate ceva, foarte putin, din ce am gasit in cutia fermecata:

Take a look, this is only a very small part of what the little elfs put in the magick box:





4 comentarii:

Simone spunea...

You're most welcome Cristina! Enjoy everything in the box and show us all the pretty things you make with it!

Dear Jo spunea...

We had a great time putting together the big-big box. I love your story about the little dwarf. When will you be writing your first novel? You have a gift for writing, that's obvious and a talent for quilting.

A big hug,
Jolanda

Cristina spunea...

Oh, Simone, if you would know how my fingers are itching with impatience! I can't wait to get to work! :-)))

Cristina spunea...

Writing is one of my oldest dreams, who knows what the New Year will bring? :-) If you like what I wrote, who knows, maybe I will gather my courage and try for real :-).