vineri, 18 februarie 2011

A trecut deja o saptamana de la intoarcerea noastra din Olanda. O  calatorie grea, dar frumoasa, cu peripetii si griji, dar si cu bucurii si veselie. Am lasat timpul sa treaca si sa sedimenteze cele traite atunci; suntem din nou in realitatea cu care eram obisnuiti inainte de plecare, insa ceva din noi a ramas cumva legat de acele locuri si de acei oameni mai ales. Am fost atat de bine primiti! Ne-am simtit atat bine! Va multumim, prieteni dragi!

There is a week now since we came back from Netherland. A difficult trip, but beautiful, full of adventures and worries, but also full of joy and lovely moments. I let the time pass, so those lived then can settle down; we are back to our usual reality, but  some part of us remained somehow attached to those places and especially to those people. We had been so welcomed! We felt so good! Thank you, our dear friends!




M-am intors acasa hotarata sa aduc in casa noastra frumosul personal, cel creat de mana cuiva, nu de o masina. Mi-au placut enorm decoratiile facute de femeile atat de creative  pe care le-am intalnit si m-am decis sa le urmez exemplul. Am inceput prin a imprastia in toata casa obiectele atat de frumoase pe care le-am cumparat sau pe care le-am primit, ca sa le vedem mereu si sa ne amintim de zilele frumoase din Olanda, de frumusetile pe care le-am vazut acolo si de oamenii deosebiti pe care i-am intalnit. Apoi am cautat prin cutiile din casa si am scos la lumina frumuseti lucrate de mult, care au intrat pe nedrept in uitare. Si intentionez sa le folosesc permanent, ca sa ne bucuram sufletele in fiecare zi. Iata un exemplu de frumusete ascunsa intr-o cutie veche: o fata de masa crosetata care imi acopera de acum incolo masuta de cafea si care isi gaseste pereche in snurul pe care il lucrez zilele acestea; nu-i asa ca arata bine?

I came back home decided to bring into our house that personal beauty, the one created by someone's hand and not by a machine. I adored the decorations made by those creative ladies I had met and I am determined to do as they do. I started by scatter through the house the beautiful things I have bought or get, so we can always see them and remember this way the days we've been to Netherland, the beauties we've seen and the special people we've met there. Then I looked into old boxes and got out wonders long fortgotten, unfairly forgotten. And I intend to use them permanently, so we enjoy them everyday. Here is an example hidden in a box: a table cloth made by crochet which is covering from now on my coffee table and which makes a good pair with the crochet ribbon I am working on these days; don't they look fine?


4 comentarii:

Simone spunea...

I LOVE your crocheted ribbon!!!! Especially in this wonderful dark red...
I enjoyed your visit so much! I hope you'll come back another time...

Cristina spunea...

Thank you! I hope so, too! It was a very nice day! :-)

Dear Jo spunea...

Hello my dear,

Your table looks lovely this way. What a beautiful crochet piece!!! Did you make it? Do not spill any of the lovely wintertea on it :))))))))) Every time I enjoy a cup of tea I miss your company. Somehow it tasted better when we drank it together :((((

Cristina spunea...

Hello dear Jolanda,

No, I didn't make the table cloth; it came to me from the late mother of my brother-in-law, but I don't know if she made it or if she bought it. What is sure is the fact that it's old, maybe 30 years old, and it was something that many women from those days where able to make. Now this kind of things are considered to be out of fashion, but I think it's a pity, they are somehow warmer than things made by machines, they carry the energy of the woman who made it.

As for the winter tea... eh, well, it DID tasted much better when we drank it together :-(((... It's flavor helps us remember the days we have been in NL with you :-).